Sunday, January 15, 2006

A little jelly with that toast?

My toasted legs, that is.

So I went for a long ride today. It started at 9:30 AM. I met up with Danielle at 10. We rode north for an hour or so, and then headed back to town. Danielle had an urban assault ride schedule with another rider, and I had to meet up with the Singlespeed nation folks.

I was a big crybaby on the ride with Danielle. My legs are shot, and I just put a nice, heavy set of 'training' tires on my bike. As a result, I was slow as molasses. So I started complaining. And whining. And pissing and moaning. I felt a little better by the end of that portion of the ride, but a week of harder riding had taken it's toll.

Then I met up with the Singlespeed Nation folks. About 13 people showed up. The pace started out moderate, but got harder when we got to the 'secret trail'. I was fun, but after the secret stuff I had to head out. I got another hour or so of solo riding in, for a total of around 5 or so hours. Not bad, but I wish the legs felt better.

Tuesday a bunch of us are heading down to Yankee for some night riding. That means I have to take it easy tomorrow, or I will be double-toast for that ride.

Is there such a think as double-toast?

2 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

Crybaby Joe! I had to check your blog to see if you really did go do the SS ride. I kept thinking that maybe you were eating KFC and watching a move.

We went to go looking for you guys but couldn't find you.

Joe Partridge said...

We rode some sweet secret singletrack that Nate and Neil built. It was good stuff, and helps explain why they are so fast...