Saturday, February 04, 2006

Schedule Change

Instead of doing my long ride today, I decided to reschedule it for next Saturday. That allowed me to spend some time with my wife. This works out well, since she will be out of town next weekend.

I did two hours on the trail today. The weather was great; just above 32F. I was able to wear lightweight tights, three breathable layers on top, and my Lake boots. It felt like spring.

The trail was in good shape, at least for February. Some mud and sand was in evidence, but overall it was great. It was great to be on the trail and not just pounding the pavement. I'd like to put in some long hours on the trail next weekend if the weather permits. I hope to have a bunch of new parts installed on the back-up bike, and I'd like a long trail ride to break them in. I am also thinking about bringing the back-up bike down to florida for Razorback. It all depends on if I can get the new wheel built in time to get some test miles in before I have to leave. We'll see...

No comments: