Thursday, September 07, 2006

Quick Update

A busy week, with a wee bit of riding thrown in. Spent the weekend in Chicago, where I saw more 'core singlespeed road bikes than you could shake a stick at. I'm talking about old-skool, mid-'70s, slotted drops, flopped-and-chopped bars and aluminum toe-clips. I saw very few pre-packaged track bikes. Pretty cool stuff. This was mostly in Wicker Park, by the way. No bikes on Michigan Ave, thank you very much.

Anyway, the trip was good, but no riding was done. I think I rode some on Monday, but I don't remember exactly. Great ride with the team on Tuesday. Dan (National Endurance Series SingleSpeed Champion) Jansen came out, as did Nate, and Jason. Scot and Danielle showed up for pizza and beer after, but were absent from the ride. Good Times.

Did a little spinning around tonight, but have serious miles on tap for the next two weeks.

Also, things are happening with the job search. Nothing to report yet, but perhaps soon. Stay tuned...

No comments: