Sunday, November 11, 2007

SSCXWC

Oh, what a painful way to spend the afternoon.

The race was an hour long. I treated it like a real race, and went as hard as I could. Others were more casual about the affair. Hence, me placement: 49th out of 74 finishers. I was able to pass most of the costume-wearing, fireworks-launching, beer-in-the-water bottle folks, but I had to be near the end of the people who were actually racing.

I'm not gonna lie to ya; I worked hard out there. Full-on for an hour; I really thought I was going to puke. The bike worked like a charm, although as expected the crank is starting to creak. I switched from the Small Blocks to the old-school Michelin muds with great success.

Sorry, no pictures! Give me a break--I'm out here alone and I was racing. I will say this; no pictures means you don't have to see Barry Wicks in a gold speedo. Consider yourself lucky...

Results

3 comments:

Danielle Musto said...

Gold Speedo??? That's hot :-)

Anonymous said...

ya know the farmer woulda snapped those cranks off..........

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Give me a holler if you want to go xc skiing sometime after thanksgiving. I know of a couple spots. . .

Perhaps you'd be interested in taking a telemarking skiing lessons with me in December?

-Bernie