Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kruger's Crossing

Ah, cross racing in Portland! I must say, it rocks the house.

I rode in the singlespeed class this week; I am convinced that I no longer want to race on a geared bike. I was doing ok, sitting in 13th place and catching folks when my coverless SLR saddle broke. Well, 'broke' perhaps isn't the best word. 'Shattered' is better. Anyway, I did the last lap-and-a-half standing up. I think I still managed to finish in the top 20. I'll check results later.

I did my first 'training' ride yesterday. Three hours of long steady distance riding. I don't know how long my long rides will be this year, but it was good to get back out on the road. Gym workouts and running start this week as well. Also, I bought a scale. Power-to-weight ration is gonna get worked from both sides this year, baby!

My race schedule for next season is still in flux, but I have decided to focus on west coast races and skip some races I have done before. So, no TI and I am doubtful about Kanza as well. Cascade Creampuff, Breckenridge, Tahoe, singlespeed worlds in Napa and a trip to Wisconsin are on the list, Lumberjack is about 80%, and there is a local 24 in Oregon that I would like to do. I need to get on the details, but it's early.

Plans are under way for an Arkansas spring training trip, a la 2006. I predict broken bikes, bruised bodies and empty beer bottles.

USGP this coming weekend. I might race one day, I might race two days: I'll be happy either way.

Porltand: if ya ain't racing cross, why are you dressed so funny?!?

No comments: