Saturday, November 10, 2007

SSCXWC Update

SSCXWC qualifier was today. The Top 30 from the 1-lap time trial got in; I was somewhere around 80th at 2 minutes back. I thought I was done, but then I learned there was a 2-lap last-chance qualifier. Oh, well. I'm here, I might as well race.

There were 30 or 40 of us still sober enough to find our helmets and shoes for the race. The top 15 would get spots in the Big Show tomorrow. Off we went!

Man, I suck at cross. But I really wanted to get in that race, so I put my head down and went to work.

Final Result: 14th Place! Yeah, baby! This will be my second 'worlds' event. I'm guessing I won't see 3rd Place this time around. It will be cool to toe the start line with some fast folks. I guess some dude named Ryan had the fastest lap...

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

Endurosnob said...

NICE!!!