Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Big box o' tires!

Ah, the Kenda tire order came in today. Small Block 8, Karma, Nevegal, etc. Pictures to follow. I got a box of tire that is so large I had trouble getting it in the car.

Team ride tonight; kind of a big crowd. Dan, Nate, Scott, Shawn, Jason, Barry, and me. I took off my super-fast Michellin tires and put on some tires I won at a race. Big mistake. I suffered for the first part of the ride as I got used to the new rubber. I was fine by the end; I think we got in about 2:15 with some hard efforts. Then it was time for an IPA taste-test at Nate's. A report will follow.

Riding hard all week. Trainer tomorrow, MTB on Thursday. Some day it will be warm again. Cohutta on the horizon. Good times...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are we going to see the new project bike?

-Chad

Joe Partridge said...

As soon as it gets here! I understand that it should ship next week. I'm hopeful that it will arrive in time for me to build it up and take it with me to Cohutta...

SpeedyChix said...

Think you'll ride outside this weekend?

So harsh after a bit of warm and sun.

Joe Partridge said...

Yes, I hope to be outside this weekend. A few of us will do a 2-hour hammerfest on Sunday, and I'm hoping for a nice, easy 100-miler on Saturday.