Saturday, April 07, 2007

April + Trainer = :(

Three hours on the trainer today. I was thinking about a long ride, but I just couldn't get into it. I should have followed Danny J. down to Yankee; he left around noon and I think he is still riding seven hours later.
So, what else is up? The poison ivy just keeps getting worse. Here's a couple pics:

Nice and crusty! Also, check out the awesome arm hair...

And the wrist:


Looking at more time on the trainer tomorrow. Cross bikes for the team ride on Tuesday, and maybe some full-on road or trail riding on Thursday. Ten it's the weekend, with a few hard rides and then rest up for Cohutta and race redemption.

3 comments:

PaddyH said...

whoa gross!...zit wipes on that'll dry it out quick...trust me.

JoeFro said...

dude, poison ivy sucks...I get it all the time. It seems like atleast twice a summer. Try "Ivarest" from Blistex. It works good to relieve the itch and make it dry up. There is some stuff called "Zanfel" that you can get in a pharmacy but it's like $30 for the tube. It works right away but it's expensive.

Joe Partridge said...

Thanks guys. I think I am just gonna gut it out natural-style. The worst part is going to work, since I wear long sleeves and they rub the ivy all day...