Saturday, December 10, 2005

Chilly!

It was about 17F this morning at 9:30 AM as I set out for my 3.5 hour ride. I did 2.5 hours solo and was able to make it back downtown to meet up with the Singlespeed Nation folks for the last hour. My solo time was done on back road with a steady pace of 15 MPH. The Singlespeed Nation ride included more stop and go riding, with parking ramps, snow-covered sidewalks and a sledding hill (!) to keep things interesting.

One bad thing to note-I got a flat tire! Flat tires are never fun. A flat tire in the cold, after riding for 3 hours and 20 minutes really sucks! The SSN ride was heading for the coffeeshop at this point, so I just sent them on their way and fixed the flat on my own. Then it was home for some tastey steak fajitas! Mmmmmm good!

Tomorrow I have a one hour ride on the schedule. I might try to make it to the last Kiss Kross race of the season. We rode the course during the SSN ride; it's short, but there is a ton of snow on the ground. We'll see how I feel.

No comments: