Sunday, February 18, 2007

Choices

Today I had to make a choice. I could go to the Y and do a double spin class. Or I could get out the skis and enjoy the great outdoors.

Yeah, I was on skis. I ended up with about 3.5 hours. The weather was great; mid 20's with bright sunshine. I felt good until the last half-hour. I was getting tired and had developed a blister on my left heel. I also did something to one of the toes on my right foot. So by the end, I was about ready to be done.

This should be a good week. Team spin on Tuesday, Crazy Bastards on Thursday with lifting in between. Not sure about the weekend; if the weather is a bit warmer then I'll ride 6-8 hours. If it's cold, then maybe another day of skiing will be on tap.

As I sit here, the Tour of California is on the TV. That reminds me that I will be in Italy during the Giro this year. If anybody has advice about renting a bike in Italy, I'd be happy to hear it. I plan to see Stage 17, which includes the monster climb up Monte Zoncalon. I hope to ride that climb the day after the stage, but after all the hassle I had when I took my bike to the TdF I need to rent a bike rather than haul mine over there. So speak up if you know a good place to rent a quality road bike in Trieste or Venice.

No comments: