Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Easy Week

Not much to report for this week. I spent last weekend cleaning and repairing my bikes after the AR trip. I had to order a few new parts, get wheels trued, etc. The main bike is ready to go; I gave it a test-ride last night. The back-up should be ready to go by Friday when the last of the new parts get here.

With my MTB's in a state of disrepair, I took my road bike out several times. What a difference! It is light, has skinny tires, and gears. Hardly a challenge at all! I guess that is why they call it recovery.

I did a 5k last Friday. I haven't run much this winter, so I guess 22:30 isn't horrible. Of course, I was sore for two days after...

I plan to do a night training ride the Friday. Six hours, 6pm to midnight. I am leaving for a day trip to Chicago early Saturday afternoon, so I have to get the miles in when I can. The next few weeks will see me racking up the miles. Gotta be ready for TI!

I'll post some new pics of the bikes when all the pieces get here.

No comments: