Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Skinny Tires and Expert Races

The team did its first road bike ride yesterday. A large crowd showed up; someone was heard to remark that it was like "an all-Founder's Critical Mass". I think we had 10 or 11 people. The pace was not as ugly as it can be; Dan, Nate and Scott were all holding back for one reason or another. I think it will only get faster from here on out. Still, it was 50 miles and good time in Nate's garage when it was over.

I spun easy on the ss today. I plan to drop a couple teeth in the back and ride the ski hill tomorrow. Paid my money to race the expert class this weekend at Custer on the ss, so I need to get a few hard efforts in my legs with the bigger gear. I don't know; will 36x16 be enough to hang with the experts at the fort?

No comments: